Monday, February 07, 2011

Follow The Dodgers

With Spring around the corner and the new Baseball season upon us I suddenly felt the desire to listen to that old Brooklyn Dodger fight song played by organist Gladys Goodding that I had written about last year. It is called "Follow the Dodgers." Unfortunately, the link I had in my original post to a recording is now defunct so I crossed my fingers in hope that some benevolent fan had put it up on YouTube. To my joy and surprise, someone had. Check it out below and sing along. A great amount of thanks to drakghoulie for putting it up.

YouTube Link:

2 comments:

  1. I've been a Dodger fan since I was 8 years old, since 1946 and for over 50 years I've been searching for the "Follow the Dodgers" recording and so happy that you came acrossed it.
    I bookmark it and all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. I plan to play it before each game.
    There's one other song which I don't know if it was ever recorded that I'm looking for and that's Gladys Goodding's version of the "National Anthem"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that Goodding sang the National Anthem at Ebbets Field, but didn't know there was a recording out there. I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...