Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oenophilist Honor Vin Scully

I know what your thinking. I put that strange looking word in the title to sound smart. Well, your right. Before this morning I had no idea that a oenophilist was a wine lover. Heck, I'm not even sure how your suppose to pronounce it.

Anyway, later on this month the Beverly Hills Wine Festival will be honoring Vin Scully. It will be on Sunday, February 27.
The event honors Vin Scully the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The mayor will be in attendance to present Mr. Scully with a lifetime achievement award and a city certificate honoring Mr. Scully’s life time achievements, dedication and contributions to Los Angeles.
Tickets are pricey, at $175.00 a piece, so you certainly won't see me there. (I'm more of a whiskey guy anyway.) But for those who kneel before Bacchus then you've got to consider checking it out.

(Hat Tip: NBC LA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...