Saturday, August 27, 2011

2011 Topps Lineage: Inserts

Here is my second post that follows up on my recent winnings from Community Gum's case break of 2011 Topps Lineage cards. These are some of the Dodgers inserts, and I think it's fair to say that I made out like a bandit. I received two old-time Dodger autographed cards that use the 1952 Topps design and a couple of great inserts featuring Hall of Fame Dodgers.

First, check out the below Bobby Morgan autographed card. He played in Brooklyn for 3 seasons as a infielder while batting .241.
Below is a Wayne Terwilliger autographed card.
Here is the back of the cards.
This is a Duke Snider cloth sticker insert card. You can rip off the back and stick it onto your notebook. I think I'll keep it just the way it is.
Besides the autographed Dodger cards this Sandy Koufax insert was what I was really hopeful of getting. It is fashioned after the vintage Topps StandUps set from 1964. It is perforated around Koufax's upper body so it can be folded down to allow it to "Stand Up" to show him in his pitching follow through. I'm still debating if I should cut it out and display it like that on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...