Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Holy Moly! Hello Kitty at a Dodger Game?

I think I'm gonna throw up. Really... this news makes me cringe. In fact, I am certain that this is a sign of a coming apocalypse.

Hello Kitty is teaming up with the Dodgers to offer a ticket package during the last weekend homestand of the season. Go here for details.
The Dodgers announced today that they will partner with global brand Sanrio® Inc., parent company of Hello Kitty, to offer fans a limited edition online ticket package including a one-of-a-kind Hello Kitty Dodgers collectible plush during the team’s last home weekend of the regular season. Fans who purchase tickets exclusively through www.dodgers.com/hellokitty will receive a limited edition Hello Kitty plush dressed in Dodger gear on September 16, 17 and 18.
See the doll below.
The only thing that could be worse would be giant Hello Kitty furies hanging around the stadium.... Oh, man! That's happening too!
In addition, Hello Kitty and her friends My Melody®, Keroppi® and Chococat® will make special appearances at Dodger Stadium that weekend and fans in attendance at Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday, September 18 will receive a Hello Kitty Dodger-themed crown.
On Fan Appreciation Day... Oh, crap! Way to appreciate us, guys.

What's next... Stupid paper hats, ala Burger King, only drawn with an effeminate Dodger Blue bow. Oh Sh.......! Those are being handed out on Fan Appreciation Day also.
UPDATE 9/12/2011:

From my understanding the Hello Kitty plush doll promotion is now sold out. Despite my consternation this has been a very successful promotion for the Dodgers.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll vomit. Really.
    this news makes me shiver.
    In fact, I'm sure this is a sign of a coming apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hello Kitty...maybe I'll go to a game just to get one...and eat a dodger dog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...